10 Essential Tips From F&W Pest Control For Mosquito Control In Billerica, MA
The summer is the perfect time to enjoy the outdoors with friends and family, but it also comes with a downside: Mosquitoes. Mosquito season is here, bringing annoying bites and potential health risks such as West Nile Virus or Zika virus. Fortunately, there are some essential tips from F&W Pest Control to help protect residents of Billerica, MA, and their families from mosquito bites this summer.
Mosquitoes thrive in warm climates, so the risk of coming into contact with them is higher throughout the summer months. Getting rid of the standing water and using a bug spray are integral steps to protect your family and pets. F&W Pest Control has professional experience and expertise dealing with Maine mosquito control.
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is a philosophy of long-term control and management of pests, which focuses on prevention rather than treatment. F&W Pest Control’s service technicians are experienced in employing IPM to provide residential pest control services throughout Billerica. With F&W’s strategies for mosquito control in Billerica, MA, you can expect to have a mosquito-free summer.
What Should I do to Protect My Family?
1. Use an EPA-Registered Insect Repellent: Insect repellents with DEET, Picardin or oil of lemon eucalyptus can effectively provide long-lasting protection against mosquitoes. However, be sure to read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully before use.
2. Consider installing a mosaic net for your garden. Mosquito netting provides an effective barrier against mosquitoes and can make your garden more pleasant and safer for everyone.
3. Limit outdoor activities during times of peak activity: Mosquitoes are typically most active in the early evening and at night. So, try to limit outdoor activities during these times.
4. Avoid standing water: Standing water is an ideal breeding ground for mosquitoes. To prevent mosquitoes from breeding in your yard or garden, make sure that any puddles are drained and regularly cleaned.
5. Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants: If you are going to be outside for a prolonged period, wear protective clothing to prevent mosquito bites. This can reduce the risk of getting bitten.
6. Check exterior walls and windows for gaps: Make sure there are no gaps in your exterior walls or windows where mosquitoes can enter.
7. Clean up debris: Debris such as leaves, weeds, and garbage can provide shelter for mosquitoes. Be sure to remove any standing water and debris from your yard, and make sure to regularly clean gutters and roofs.
8. Seal cracks in the building: If you find cracks in the walls of your house, use caulk or expanding foam to fill them in and prevent mosquitoes from entering your home.
9. Repair damage to window and door screens: Make sure to repair any damage to your window or door screens, as this can help reduce the number of mosquitoes that find their way inside.
10. Have F&W Pest Control Treat Your Property: In addition to all of the steps listed above, the best way to protect your family from mosquito bites is to have F&W Pest Control treat your property. Our expert technicians know how to target and eliminate mosquitoes and other pests from your home or business in Billerica, MA.
Mosquitoes are a common nuisance during the summer months in Billerica, MA. To keep your home and family safe from mosquito bites, it is important to follow the tips provided above. By taking the proper precautions and having F&W Pest Control treat your property, you can enjoy a mosquito-free summer. F&W’s integrated pest management approach (IPM) provides the professional quality you need with the environmentally responsible quality of a DIY approach. Trust the expert exterminators at F&W to get rid of your mosquitoes this season. Get a free quote to start debugging your space today.