7 Steps To Take In Order To Rid Your Home Of Mice Naturally In Marshfield, Massachusetts
When it comes to getting rid of mice, homeowners in Marshfield, Massachusetts may be tempted to reach for the most powerful mouse traps or pesticides or even consider calling in a professional exterminator. But why not take a more holistic and natural approach to deal with the mouse infestation at home? In this article, we will discuss seven of the best natural ways to rid your home of mice without using any toxic chemicals.
At F&W Pest Solutions, we believe in an integrated pest management (IPM) approach to providing our clients with the highest quality, environmentally-friendly pest control solutions. That’s why we recommend our clients to take these seven steps in order to rid their homes of mice in a safe and sustainable way.
1. Identify Entry Points: The first step to preventing and managing a mouse infestation is to find the source of their entry points. Give your home a thorough inspection and identify all the gaps and crevices that are pointing towards an external entry point. These can include cracks in the walls, open windows, or uncovered air conditioner or heater vents.
2. Seal Possible Entry Points: Once you have identified all the potential entry points in your home, seal these points using materials such as metal, brick, hard plastics, or wood fillers. Ensure that all the openings are closed securely up to a quarter inch in width when possible.
3. Remove Food Sources: If mice have taken shelter in your home, there is a high chance that they also have access to food sources. Mice are scavengers, so it is important to remove potential food sources like open garbage cans in the kitchen and stored food product. Make sure to store all food in air-tight containers.
4. Eliminate Any Standing Water: Mice are attracted to damp locations where they can find water. To prevent them from entering your home, make sure to eliminate any sources of standing water like leaky faucets or filled outdoor planters after a rain.
5. Don’t Leave Pet Food Out: Unfinished pet food can also act as a magnet for mice. Make sure to clean up any spilled pet food and store pet food outside the house in closed containers.
6. Get Rid of Unwanted Clutter: Mice love clutter as it provides them with ample hide outs. Clear out all unwanted clutter and store all items up high and in airtight containers where possible.
7. Spray Mice Repellents: One of the last steps you should take is to spray mice repellents around the house. Repellents can be purchased from your local store and act as a deterrent for mice.
Implementing these seven steps can help you prevent and manage mice infestations in your home. Furthermore, the IPM approach taken by F&W Pest Solutions ensures that these solutions are environmentally friendly and pose no threat to your family’s health.
F&W’s integrated pest management approach (IPM) provides the professional quality you need with the environmentally responsible quality of a DIY approach. Trust the expert exterminators at F&W to get rid of your mice this season. Get a free quote to start debugging your space today.