Can Mice Climb Walls? Answers For Home Owners With An Infestation In Holliston, Massachusetts
When it comes to deterring unwelcome guests inside the home, many homeowners in Holliston, Massachusetts know they can take precautionary measures such as keeping vigilant with food storage and keeping pet food off the counters. But what happens when those unwelcome guests turn into an infestation – specifically, mice? Have you ever wondered if mice can climb walls, and how best to handle the situation?
F&W Pest Control, a full-service pest control provider specializing in the eradication of offensive infestations, has you covered. Drawing upon years of experience and utilizing their Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach, they can provide the expertise behind avoiding and controlling unwelcome house visitors. Read on to learn more.
What is Integrated Pest Management?
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is an approach to pest control that focuses on reducing the risk of pests as much as possible without using excessive pesticides or other noxious chemicals. IPM relies on tactics including monitoring, sanitation, and physical and cultural control strategies, as well as targeted topical pesticide applications. IPM is a critical tool for pest management because it not only relies on less-toxic options, but it can also achieve a quick resolution of the problem.
Do Mice Climb Walls?
The short answer is yes, mice can climb walls. In fact, mice have an impressive ability to climb up almost any surface, be it stone, wood, plastic, fabric, and more. Even more impressive is their ability to detect footholds to hold onto, making it possible for them to climb even the most precarious surfaces.
Can You Stop Mice From Climbing Walls?
Given that mice are able to climb, it may seem impossible to keep them off your walls, but there are some steps you can take to deter mice.
• Seal Up Holes: Start by sealing up any holes or cracks on the inside and outside of your home. Mice can squeeze through tiny openings as small as a quarter inch, so it is important to check those often and fill in any areas that may be vulnerable.
• Clean Regularly: Mice are attracted to unkept areas, so make an effort to keep your home clean and free of any mess that may attract them. Vacuum or sweep regularly and keep food in air-tight containers.
• Make a Barrier: It may not be possible to keep mice from climbing the walls but you can make a barrier that prevents them from getting to higher spaces. Place steel wool on areas that mice are most likely to use for access, such as near windowsills, to prevent them from entering the house.
• Try Traps: The most traditional way to get rid of mice is to use traps. Place glue traps or snap traps in areas where mice seem to be active and aim to check them on a regular basis. This will help you identify how serious the infestation is and how quickly you can get rid of them.
• Call in the Exterminators: When all else fails, it might be time to call in the professionals. F&W Pest Control has knowledgeable exterminators who can provide you with peace of mind using their integrated pest management techniques – all without relying on the extensive use of harmful pesticides.
When it comes to getting rid of mice in your home, no matter how many creatures are roaming the walls, F&W Pest Control has the experience and resources to take on any job. F&W’s integrated pest management approach (IPM) provides the professional quality you need with the environmentally responsible quality of a DIY approach. Trust the expert exterminators at F&W to get rid of your mice this season. Get a free quote to start debugging your space today.