Control Mouse Poop In Newton, Massachusetts: Top 10 Things To Consider
With its convenient location near the bustle of Boston but still offering plenty of green space, Newton, Massachusetts, is an ideal place to live. Known for its parks and recreational areas, Newton is, unfortunately, home to another common sight – mouse poop. Understanding the threats associated with mouse poop, and learning the steps to protect yourself from it, is paramount to living comfortably in Newton.
Mouse droppings can be see in a variety of places, including inside of homes, as well as outdoors in gardens and other areas. Mouse droppings pose a major health risk to humans, carrying potentially dangerous bacteria and parasites that can lead to infections, skin rashes, and breathing problems. Mouse poop can also contaminate food, possibly leading to food poisoning. It is always important to use caution when coming into contact with mouse poop, and if you ever notice large amounts of feces, you should contact a local exterminator to remove the problem.
To help keep your home safe from mouse poop, here are the top 10 things to consider:
1. Keep food and garbage sealed: The number one rule in keeping mice away is to make sure all food and garbage is sealed tightly and kept away from common mouse pathways. Mice are attracted to food, water, and shelter, and if any of these items are present in or near your home, mice will come. Keeping food and garbage sealed in containers and removing debris from your lawn will help to keep mice away.
2. Block their access: Mice can fit into extremely small spaces, which means that they can easily get into your home. It is important to look around the exterior of your home for any potential entry points, and if any are present, it is recommended to block them off with steel wool and a caulking gun.
3. Get rid of clutter: As mentioned above, mice are attracted to shelter, and this can mean something as small as a piece of cardboard or a pile of debris. It is important to look around the home for items that could provide shelter for mice, and if any are found it should be discarded.
4. Check for exterior signs: If a mouse infestation is occurring, there are several signs that you should look for, including noises in the walls, chew marks on your food storage containers, and of course, droppings. If any of these signs are present, it is important to contact a professional pest control company to take care of the problem.
5. Use baited traps: If a professional exterminator is not available, it is possible to use baited traps to catch mice. These traps can be purchased at any store that sells pest control products, and it is important to make sure to follow the instructions of the product to ensure it is used safely.
6. Store pet food: Mice will also look for pet food, and this should be kept in sealed containers when not in use. This will help to ensure that mice do not have access to food that can attract them to your home.
7. Sanitize areas: After the mice are gone, it is important to sanitize the areas of the home where they were, as the droppings can still pose a health risk. This can be done by using a disinfectant, such as bleach, and cleaning up the area thoroughly.
8. Invest in pest management: If you live in a place where mice and other rodents are a common problem, it’s important to invest in preventative pest control services. These services can range from sealing up entry points, to trapping and removing mice, as well as using specialized materials that repel rodents.
9. Consider protective solutions: If pests are still getting into your home, you may want to consider using pest control materials like screens, caulking, and other long-term solutions. This will help keep mice out and help to prevent an infestation.
10. Call F&W Pest Control: F&W Pest Control offers a full array of pest control services ranging from residential to industrial. We offer live trapping, complete bird control services, and other effective nuisance wildlife solutions. We practice Integrated Pest Management (IPM) techniques to achieve optimal pest control in MA with minimal use of pesticides. Our service area includes Concord, Concord-Maynard, Dorchester-Braintree, Downtown, Metro West, Norwood-Brockton and portions of Worcester & Lynn-Beverly Counties.
At F&W Pest Control, one of our qualified pest management professionals will assess the extent of the issue and determine whether or not you need pest control services. If we confirm that there are issues, we will recommend the treatments that will be most effective for your property, ensuring a safe, pest-free home and giving you back the peace of mind you deserve.