Essential Pest Control For Bedford, Massachusetts: Top 10 Things To Consider
Bedford, Massachusetts is home to a bustling population that is accustomed to enjoying the many outdoor activities the small city has to offer. Whether it’s fishing in the Charles River or taking a leisurely stroll along the walking path, Bedford is an idyllic destination. Unfortunately, bugs and other pests can ruin the perfect day out. To keep your family and property safe, you must always take the necessary steps to pest-proof your home. F&W Pest Control specializes in residential and commercial pest control services and is here to offer some advice to Bedford’s residents. Here are the top 10 pest control tips for Bedford!
1. Do a Regular Home Inspection: Being aware of the types of pests living in the Bedford area is one of the best ways to ensure your home remains pest-free. Do a once-over of the outside of your home and check for any openings or entry points which pests may use to gain access to your home. Additionally, look for any food sources or items that may draw pests.
2. Seal All Possible Entry Points: After you are aware of the potential entry points for pests, it is essential to properly seal them off to prevent further infiltration. This can include applying caulk to cracks around windows, doors, and other openings. Additionally, use weatherstripping to seal any potential openings around doors or piped-in appliances.
3. Get Rid of Standing Water: Standing water is a bug’s best friend. To ensure your home is not attracting mosquitoes and other insects, make sure to get rid of any standing water near your home. The presence of water around your house can also attract other pests such as rodents, whom will also create havoc in your home.
4. Store Food in Airtight Containers: Bed bugs, cockroaches, and other pests are attracted to food, so it is crucial to store food in airtight containers. Make sure to clean up any crumbs or spills as these will also attract bugs.
5. Create A Perimeter Around Your Home: When necessary, spraying a chemical barrier around your home is a great way to keep pests out. This barrier should be sprayed at least every three months to ensure its effectiveness. Find out which chemical will work best for the pests in the Bedford area to maximize effectiveness.
6. Check Furniture and Bedding Regularly: since pest problems such as bed bugs are difficult to detect, it is a good idea to check furniture and bedding for a sign of infestation. Pull furniture away from the walls and check for any webs or eggs that may be present.
7. Pick-up Yard and Garden Debris: Ticks, fleas, and other pests love hiding in tall grass or leaf piles. Make sure to pick up any leaves or debris after mowing and keep the grass trimmed to a minimum length.
8. Use Natural Pest Control Strategies: There are many natural methods for pest control in Bedford. Companion planting, beneficial insects, and natural repellents are all great options which have fewer risks for the health of your family and the environment.
9. Educate Your Family: To ensure your home remains pest-free, it is essential to create routines and educate your family on prevention methods. Make sure your family knows to cover their food and keep food off the floor when they eat to limit any potential bug problems.
10. Call a Professional Exterminator: If you do experience a pest problem, it is time to call in a professional exterminator such as F&W. Taking care of your problem yourself can be ineffective and dangerous, and not all pest control products can resolve your situation with one application. Professional pest control companies can offer targeted solutions to make sure your problem is fully resolved.
F&W Pest Control has been servicing the Bedford area for over 40 years with the goal of keeping your family and property safe and pest-free. Our integrated pest management approach (IPM) provides the professional quality you need with the environmentally responsible quality of a DIY approach. Trust the expert exterminators at F&W to get rid of your mosquitoes this season. Get a free quote to start debugging your space today.