Getting Rid Of Carpenter Bees In Newtonville, MA – Top 10 Tips
If you’re a homeowner or business manager in the Newtonville area and you’ve got carpenter bee problems, congratulations, you’ve made it to the right place! As carpenter bee experts, we’re here to guide you through the steps you’ll need to take in order to get rid of these pesky little creatures. Here’s a list of the top 10 things to consider regarding carpenter bee removal and control in the Newtonville area, Massachusetts.
1. Identifying the Problem: The summer months are prime time for carpenter bee activity and the activity can really increase from spring to autumn. To properly identify carpenter bee damage, you’ll need to look for signs of woodpecker activity like brownwood dust or galleries on unfinished wood sections of your home’s exterior.
2. Damage to Your Home/Business: One of the primary concerns with these wood-damaging pests is the actual damage they can cause to your home or business. Carpenter bee damage can include the introduction of mites, fungus, and other pathogens, and can even lead to structural damages if left unchecked.
3. Feeding Behaviour: Carpenter bees burn through wood with their sharp mandibles. After cutting out their galleries, the females then lay sterile eggs which will remain dormant until they hatch, by which time the entire gallery system has been established.
4. Deterrents: There are a number of effective deterrents and preventative measures you can take to help keep these wood-damaging pests at bay. From physical barriers like netting and screens to chemical deterrents or trapping, to even plain old paint – there are several methods for discouraging carpenter bees from visiting your property.
5. DIY Tricks & Traps: One of the most common DIY approaches to carpenter bee control is the use of traps. Traps are typically used to capture the female, which is then released unharmed – preventing her from laying her eggs. Live traps are the most effective kind of carpenter bee traps.
6. Professional Pest Management: To ensure the best possible outcome for your carpenter bee control plan, you should consider professional pest management services. Professional pest control technicians have the training and experience necessary to determine the extent of the issue and design a plan of action that is both effective and economical.
7. Professional Treatments: If chemical treatments are necessary, professional pest management technicians know how to best apply them and where to safely apply them to ensure the best outcome. In addition, pest management technicians are also aware of the various environmental regulations and codes associated with chemical applications and, for that reason, they are better able to minimize risk.
8. Warranties: If you’re investing in a pest management service, it’s important that you make sure you’re getting the protection you need. Be sure to inquire about warranties and guarantees that may be offered.
9. Potential Solutions: Before you invest in any solution, make sure you explore all of your options. Speak with an expert at a local Home & Garden center, call a professional pest management service, or conduct your own research online to get the best advice specific to your situation.
10. Environmental Concerns: Finally, it’s important to consider potential environmental considerations when selecting a pest control solution. Be aware of any regulations and codes that govern chemical applications, and look into natural and non-chemical solutions whenever possible.
At F&W Pest Control, we’re dedicated to providing the best possible pest management services for the Newtonville community. Whether you’re dealing with carpenter bees, termites, rodents, or any other type of pest, our team has the training and expertise to ensure the optimal outcome for your home or business. One of our experienced pest management professionals will assess the extent of the issue and will determine whether or not you need pest control services to get rid of these pesky wildlife nuisances from your property. We have offices in Wrentham, MA, Framingham, MA, Peabody, MA, and Kingston, MA, but we serve all of eastern Massachusetts. If we confirm that there are issues, we will recommend the treatments that will be most effective for your property. Give us a call today or visit our website to schedule an appointment and let us help you get your home or business back in tip-top shape.