Getting Rid Of Squirrels In Your Attic: A Guide For Arlington Residents
Pest Control Near Me
If you live in the busy town of Arlington, Massachusetts, you are no stranger to the many wild critters running about the streets. From top of the food chain predators like foxes, coyotes, and fisher cats, to the little critters like squirrels, raccoons, and mice, rarely a day goes by without spotting some form of wildlife! While these critters are a common part of living in this part of the world, they can pose serious threats and present serious problems for home owners. One such problem is the presence of a pesky squirrel in your attic.
While it can be a nuisance, squirrels in your attic is nothing to take lightly. Squirrels may look adorable and be quite entertaining to watch, but they do possess sharp teeth and claws for a reason. And they’re not shy about using them! To make matters worse, the little critters also tend to cause considerable damage to your home’s insulation, wiring, and other materials. Not to mention the mess and odor they leave behind with their droppings and urine. So if you’ve discovered a squirrel in your attic, the best course of action is to have a professional handle the removal process as soon as possible.
This guide is intended to serve as a beginner’s guide to getting rid of squirrels in your attic in the town of Arlington, Massachusetts. We will cover a range of topics, from preventive measures you can take, to telling signs of a squirrel presence, to hiring a professional pest control service to rid you of your uninvited guests. We will also discuss effective squirrel removal strategies that the professionals at F&W may use.
Preventing Squirrels From Entering Your Attic
The best defense against unwanted squirrels in your attic is a good offense. Taking preventive measures will go a long way in ensuring that your attic remains free of these little critters. Some of the preventive steps include the following.
1. Inspect your home’s exterior for gaps and holes that may serve as a point of entry for squirrels. Use caulking to seal these openings securely. Pay particular attention to your roofline, windows, and doors.
2. Seal gaps in your guttering to prevent squirrels from using them as a bridge to your roof and attic.
3. Clean up the area around your home to discourage squirrels from visiting. Get rid of piles of debris, fallen branches, and clutter.
4. Trim back the trees in your yard, particularly those near your house. Take away any extension the squirrel may use to gain access to your roof and attic.
5. Install a chimney cap and/or a roof vent guard on your roof if you haven’t done so already. Not only will this solution keep squirrels out, but also prevent raccoons and bats from entering your attic.
Signs of Squirrels in Your Attic
Now that you’ve done all you can to reduce the chances of a squirrel infestation, it’s time to be vigilant and watch out for any signs that may point to a squirrel presence in your attic. Here are some of the signs to look out for
1. Scratching or gnawing sounds coming from your attic.
2. chew marks or gnawing damage in and around your roof, attic, window or door frames, and wires.
3. Sightings of squirrels or droppings in and around your home.
4. Urine stains or odors, which can sometimes be detected from the ground below.
If you observe any of the above signs, it could mean that squirrels have set up shop in your attic and the best course of action is to contact a professional for assistance.
Removal Services in Arlington, MA
When you reach out to the professionals at F&W for squirrel removal, you can rest assured that the job will be done right. Here’s a brief look at some of the strategies they may use to remove squirrels from your attic.
1. Live trapping and removal. Once the squirrels have been identified as the culprit, F&W will set live traps in your attic to capture the animals alive. Once captured, the squirrels will be humanely released to an appropriate area.
2. Exclusion methods. Exclusion is done to prevent re-entry of squirrels or other animals after they have been removed. This can involve sealing potential entry points in the attic, which can be done using metal flashing, caulk, or other materials.
3. Cleanup. After the squirrels have been removed, the mess and odors they left behind will need to be cleaned up. F&W can handle this too – and will use the necessary materials to ensure that all disease-causing pathogens are removed.
Getting rid of squirrels in your attic can be a difficult, messy, and time-consuming job. That’s why it’s best to contact the professional skilled team at F&W for help in Arlington, MA. Not only do they have the best tools and experience for the job, but they also practice eco-friendly Integrated Pest Management (IPM) techniques to ensure that the removal process is done with minimal use of pesticides. In addition, F&W also offer a range of other services, such as general pest control services, termite control, live trapping, bird control, and other effective solutions for nuisance wildlife. So if you’re having trouble dealing with squirrels or any other nuisance pests in your home, make sure you contact F&W for the right advice and help.
Pest Control Near Me
Searching for an easy fix to your pest problems? Here at F&W Pest Control, our exterminators will treat an array of different pest issues including termites, bed bugs, mosquitoes, and more! Long-term protection is right at your reach with the help of our highly trained team of exterminators in the Greater Boston area. Don’t allow pests to take over your home, put your trust in our pest control services to ensure a pest-free home. With our help, you won’t have to spend any more free time implementing DIY extermination methods!