Gnats In Walpole, MA: Faqs For Homeowners With Pest Control Services
Are you a homeowner in Walpole, MA that’s dealing with an infestation of gnats? If so, our mission at F&W is to help you clear your home of these pesky insects as quickly and efficiently as possible. In this article, we’ll provide answers to the frequently asked questions we get from homeowners dealing with gnat infestations.
What are Gnats?
Gnats (or mosquitoes) are tiny, flying insects that have a long proboscis for drinking liquid; they thrive in both indoor and outdoor environments. Gnats are often near windows, doorways, and anywhere else where there’s moisture or standing water. They can also infest potted plants and commonly infest bathrooms.
What is the Difference Between Gnats and Mosquitos?
Gnats are smaller than mosquitoes and lack the distinctive white stripes that mosquitos have; they tend to breed in areas with wet soil or standing water. Gnats also feed on fungi, algae, and other organic matter while mosquitoes feed on blood.
What Attracts Gnats to Our Home?
Gnats are attracted to filthy areas, such as areas with decaying fruits and vegetables, clothes that haven’t been washed in a while, and bathrooms that aren’t often cleaned. Poorly sealed windows and doorways can also be inviting to the pests.
How Can I Prevent and Control Gnats?
When dealing with gnats or other pesky insect, prevention is always the key. Here are a few effective ways to help keep the bugs away:
• Monitor and eliminate standing water, even small amounts;
• Put up screens on windows and doors to keep out flying pests;
• Keep food, including fruit and vegetable scraps, in airtight storage containers;
• Clean bathrooms, floors, and other frequently used surfaces;
• Mop up spills and other potential sources of food for the pests; and
• Install fans near outdoor entrances.
What Can I Do to Get Rid of an Existing Infestation?
If you have an existing infestation of gnats in your home, here are some effective methods of getting rid of them:
• Vacuum carpets, furniture, and other places where the bugs may be present;
• Clean bathrooms and other areas with soap or cleaning products;
• Use soapy water to trap the flying pests and dispose of them;
• Use traps to monitor and catch adult gnats; and
• Use insecticides near windows, doors, and other areas where the gnats are active.
What Should I Do if the Gnats Return?
If you’ve tried the tips above and the pest problem persists, it may be time to call in the professionals. At F&W, we offer comprehensive pest control solutions tailored to your specific needs. Our experienced technicians can identify the source of the infestation and develop a customized pest control plan to effectively rid your property of these pests.
When dealing with an infestation of gnats, prevention is always key. Taking the steps outlined above can help reduce the risk of an infestation in your home. However, if you have an infestation, our experienced technicians are here to help. We’ll provide a fast, effective, and cost-efficient solution to give you back the peace of mind you deserve.