How To Get Rid Of Carpenter Bees In Marshfield, Massachusetts
At first glance, it may not be immediately obvious that Carpenter Bees are a problem – their ability to stay relatively inconspicuous is a key part of why they become so prolific. Without proper pest control intervention, Carpenter Bees can cause property damage to your homes and other structures, making them a potential expense in the future.
Fortunately, Marshfield residents are fortunate to have a comprehensive pest control service provider to be on their side: F&W Pest Control. With a full array of services available, F&W can provide the residential pest control services you need to take on the threat of carpenter bees.
What are Carpenter Bees?
Whenever you start talking about Carpenter Bees, it’s important to make a distinction between the bees themselves and their nests. Originally native to North America, Carpenter Bees are a species of bee that have been on the continent for thousands of years. They’re large, black-and-yellow striped bees that look like bumblebees, and generally pollinate flowers and plants.
On the other hand, Carpenter Bee nests are cylindrical (hence their “carpenter” name) which they drill into wood to make their homes. All Carpenter Bee nests, regardless of species, range in depth and width. Nests can be found in eaves, soffits, roof surfaces, wood decks, railways made of untreated wood, and even wooden furniture, like outdoor chairs and tables.
Dangers of the Carpenter Bee Infestation
Carpenter bees can be a nuisance if they happen to find a nesting site in a place that will sooner or later become awkward or noticeable. Depending on the specific size and location of the nest, an infestation can come with a range of consequences, including:
• Noise from the adult Carpenter Bees coming in and out of the nest
• Structural damage to the woodwork
• Staining from the bee’s feces and strewn wood chips
• Unhealthy accumulation of mold on the larva
• Attracting other bees (in an effort to reclaim the nest)
• A decrease in the wood’s structural integrity
Tips for Getting Rid of Carpenter Bees without Harming Other Wildlife
Controlling and getting rid of Carpenter Bees can be done humanely and without toxic chemicals if the proper protocol is followed. At F&W Pest Control, we suggest the following tips for dealing with these pesky pests:
• Fix or replace any existing wood that’s already been affected by the Carpenter Bee infestation, including damaged wood, weak wood and wood with old bee holes.
• Seal up existing bee holes with wood filler, caulk, expandable spray foam, duct tape, or plastic bags to prevent more bees from entering.
•Check on wood surfaces about once a month to make sure that your Carpenter Bee deterrents are still working and there are no new colonies.
• If all else fails, contact a pest control provider at the first sign of a carpenter bee infestation.
The F&W Pest Control Solution for Marshfield, Massachusetts
F&W is Marshfield’s top pest control provider. With their Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach to pest control, their team takes a comprehensive but minimal use of pesticides approach so that your property is rid of carpenter bees without employing the use of toxic chemicals.
At F&W Consumer Services, we provide a range of complete solutions to tackle all types of pest infestations, including carpenter bees. We use non-toxic, eco-friendly products created specifically for carpenter bee extermination and signs of their presence.
Our carpenter bee extermination services include:
• Wood sealers – Used to seal off the carpenter bee entrance.
• Carpenter bee traps – Attracts the bee to an area and then traps them.
• Pesticides – Used to eradicate the carpenter bee.
• Extermination – Kills the carpenter bees and destroys their infestation.
Contact F&W Today
If you have noticed the presence of carpenter bees in Marshfield, Massachusetts, it’s time to contact F&W Pest Control. Our integrated pest management approach (IPM) provides the professional quality you need with the environmentally responsible quality of a DIY approach. Trust the expert exterminators at F&W to get rid of your bees this season. Get a free quote to start debugging your space today.