The Benefits Of Integrated Pest Management When Evaluating Pest Control Services
When evaluating pest control services in Littleton, Massachusetts, many homeowners focus on immediate results as the number one priority. And while it is certainly important to rid your property of pests as soon as possible, often times a homeowner’s oversight results in a pest-free home that may not stay that way for long. In order to achieve lasting results, the best option available is to opt for Integrated Pest Management (IPM), and there are numerous benefits afforded by this approach.
What is Integrated Pest Management?
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is a comprehensive approach to the control of pests that emphasises the use of both ecological and chemical strategies. Its primary goal is to balance the natural control practices of a habitat, such as biological control, monitoring, trapping, and education, with an appropriate use of chemical controls, if needed. The goal of IPM is to manage pests only to levels that are economically or ecologically acceptable, meaning that pest populations will not reach levels that would cause harm to human occupants, plants, or the environment.
Benefits of IPM
The most compelling benefit of IPM is that decreases the amount of chemical pesticides that must be used in order to get rid of pests, meaning a more eco-friendly outcome. This is useful for those who are concerned about the environmental impacts of chemical pesticides, but it also reduces the risks to human health and wildlife health. In addition, IPM is more cost-effective in the long-run because it identifies areas that pests are likely to be and works to prevent them from entering in the first place. This can help reduce costly treatments down the road.
How F&W Implements IPM
When it comes to performing IPM, F&W Pest Control offers a comprehensive approach focused on customers having the peace of mind that comes with a thorough and safe pest control. Our methods of IPM include:
• Site-wide monitoring – This includes inspection and monitoring traps to understand the population size and pest size to ensure proper treatment.
• Pest identification – Accurately identify the pest problem and any possible entry points to ensure the most efficient treatment.
• Targeted treatments – Use targeted treatments (chemical and non-chemical) to address only the areas affected by the pest problem. This helps to minimize the amount of chemicals used and the impact on the environment.
• Follow-up services – Follow-up visits to make sure your home remains pest-free.
• Sanitation and exclusion – Sanitation and physical exclusion are vital to IPM as they reduce or eliminate sources of food, water, and harborage that attract so many pests.
The cost of F&W’s IPM services is based on the size and complexity of the job. Services may include inspection, treatment, exclusion, and sanitation.
Though involving fewer chemicals may seem like the obvious choice, it’s important to remember that safety and effectiveness of is the product of taking a measured approach to pest control. If you own a home in Littleton, Massachusetts and are looking for a reliable pest control service provider, consider F&W. They have a wealth of experience in the local area, they practice IPM, and they offer a wide array of services tailored to your specific pest control needs. Trust the expert exterminators at F&W to get rid of your mosquitoes this season. Get a free quote to start debugging your space today.