Top 10 Signs Of Termites In Billerica, Massachusetts
When it comes to pest control, you don’t want to wait for the signs to show up alone. Termites can be devastating pests, silently consuming wood in homes and other buildings for years before there’s any identifiable problem. That’s why it’s important to know the warning signs of a termite infestation in your area. For residents of Billerica, Massachusetts, knowing the most common signs of a termite infestation is especially important, since the destructive pests can cause major damage, even if the infestation is caught early. To help home and business owners stay ahead of a termite problem, F&W Pest Control has created this guide to the top 10 signs of a termite infestation in the Billerica, MA, area.
1. Swarms of Flying Termites: One of the first and most obvious signs of a termite infestation is the presence of swarms of flying termites, especially in the spring. These swarms are made up of male and female reproductives and can be found around windows or other warm, light-filled locations.
2. Discarded Wings: You may also find wings discarded by the termites in the swarm. After mating, the male and female will discard their wings and a pile of wings near an entry point or crack can be a sign of an infestation.
3. Mud Tubes: Termites build tubes out of mud and soil to protect themselves from predators and provide them with shelter as they search for food sources. These tubes are typically found on the sides of the home or foundation and can be a sign of a possible infestation.
4. Hollow or Damaged Wood: Termites will often feed on the wood in your home or business, leaving passages that are hollow or have been damaged from the infestation. Tapping on wood surfaces may also help detect termite infestations, as they will often leave a hollow sound.
5. Noise: Termite infestations can also be detected by noise, as they may emit a faint scratching, tapping or vibrating sound. The vibrations are usually heard in the walls or near the base of the building.
6. Discolored or Damaged Paint: Termite infestations can discolor or even cause damage to paint. Common signs to look for include bubbling paint, paint that is peeling off or appearance of yellow or brown spots.
7. Discarded Cellulose Material: Termites often discard cellulose materials such as sawdust, wood shavings or bits of leaves in the spaces between walls or around the base of your home. This can be a telltale sign of a termite infestation.
8. Musty Smell: Fungus or mold can be caused by the presence of termites and emit a musty smell that is hard to miss.
9. Raised Shelter Tubes: When termites build their shelter tubes, they will sometimes build them above the ground. A shelter tube above the ground is a clear sign of an infestation.
10. Visible Termites: Seeing a termite itself, especially inside the home, can be an indication of a larger infestation.
Ultimately, the best way to detect and treat a potential termite infestation is to contact a professional. F&W Pest Control offers a full range of residential, commercial, and industrial pest control services, including termite control in Billerica, MA. By employing integrated pest management techniques, F&W can optimize pest control and limit the use of pesticides to protect your home and business.
No matter how well you know the signs of termites, it’s important to be proactive in monitoring and treating any potential infestations. Regular inspections will help keep an infestation under control and can save you time, money, and headache in the long run. If you’ve noticed any of the signs discussed here in your Billerica home or business, contact F&W Pest Control today for professional termite control services. F&W’s integrated pest management approach (IPM) provides the professional quality you need with the environmentally responsible quality of a DIY approach. Trust the expert exterminators at F&W to get rid of your termites this season. Get a free quote to start debugging your space today.
Pest Control Near Me
Searching for an easy fix to your pest problems? Here at F&W Pest Control, our exterminators will treat an array of different pest issues including termites, bed bugs, mosquitoes, and more! Long-term protection is right at your reach with the help of our highly trained team of exterminators in the Greater Boston area. Don’t allow pests to take over your home, put your trust in our pest control services to ensure a pest-free home. With our help, you won’t have to spend any more free time implementing DIY extermination methods!