Top 10 Things To Consider For Mosquito Control In Needham Heights, Massachusetts
As the summer months of May through October approach, the need for mosquito control heightens for residents living in Needham Heights, Massachusetts. As a pest control company serving Eastern Massachusetts, F&W Pest Control understands the importance of protecting you, your family, and pets, from the many risks associated with mosquito exposure. In this article, we explore the top 10 things to consider for effective mosquito control to help you understand best practices for managing this pest in your area.
Needham Heights is home to many lakes, rivers, and ponds which are characteristic of the New England landscape. By nature these provide more than just picturesque views. Ask any homeowner with a lake or pond nearby and they’ll tell you they provide ideal habitat for mosquitoes. Along with their pesky and irritating bites, mosquitoes also introduce the potential for disease transmission to humans. Last year in Massachusetts, there were cases of Eastern Equine Encephalitis, Zika virus, and West Nile virus; all of which can be caused by mosquito bites.
To protect yourself and your family from these potential dangers, there are a few things you can do from home to reduce the number of mosquitoes on your property.
1. Empty and clean birdbaths, as these are favorite breeding grounds for mosquitoes.
2. Minimize areas of standing water on your property, including those found on flat roofs or around potted plants.
3. Eliminate fallen leaves in gutters, as they create a perfect habitat for mosquito larvae.
4. Install window and door screens to prevent mosquitoes from sneaking indoors.
5. Cut back overgrown vegetation, which provides mosquitoes with a shady harborage.
6. Eliminate stagnant water around your home’s foundation.
7. Use a fan. Mosquitoes are weak fliers, and cannot fly against the wind. Setting up a fan near your dining area will help keep mosquitoes away.
8. Use a mosquito trap. These devices trap mosquitoes and kill them off from your yard. They tend to be effective for an entire season.
9. Try mosquito-repellent devices. These work like the traps, but most contain coils that expel a repellent gas.
10. Eliminate mosquito access to your home by playing the weather. Keep your windows and doors shut during periods of mosquito activity.
To maximize your protection from mosquitoes, implementation of these 10 tips while also considering the use of a professional lawn care and pest control service. F&W Pest Control is the logical choice with years of experience in successful mosquito control in Needham Heights. We understand the local climate and are here to help you make an informed decision about the best solution for your property.
Our experienced technicians are dedicated to providing you with top notch service and will be available if you have any questions. Plus, our pest managers will analyze your property and recommend the best approach to control your mosquito issue based on an understanding of local ecology, behavior, and habitat. We also take proactive steps to minimize the use of chemical insecticide applications.
To conclude, effective mosquito control in Needham Heights, Massachusetts should include both preventative home and property maintenance measures as well as seeking out the help of a professional and experienced pest control company. With the proper measures in place and the knowledge of an experienced provider, homeowners in Needham Heights can be mosquito-free in no time.
One of our pest management professionals will assess the extent of the issue and determine whether or not you need pest control services to get rid of troublesome pests. We have offices in Wrentham, MA, Framingham, MA, Peabody, MA, and Kingston, MA, but serve all of eastern Massachusetts. If we confirm that there are issues, we will recommend the treatments that will be most effective for your property.