Top 10 Tips For Getting Rid Of House Centipedes In Boxford, Massachusetts
Summer is just around the corner, and while it brings us more sunshine and warmer days, it also brings some unintended guests. House centipedes are one particularly pesky set of critters that homeowners in Boxford, Massachusetts must often contend with. These long-legged arthropods can enter the home through common entry points, thrive in damp places, and reproduce quickly. If you’re looking for ways to effectively manage centipedes until the end of the season then look no further. Here are the top ten tips for getting rid of house centipedes in Boxford, Massachusetts.
1. Identify Problem Areas – The first step in tackling any infestation issue is to properly identify the potential areas that are allowing centipedes to enter the home. Common entry points include door and window frames, broken screens, gaps near pipes, and areas of high humidity. Making repairs on these areas can provide the home with a longer-lasting defense against centipedes.
2. Reduce Humidity Levels – Centipedes need moisture in order to thrive, so it is important to keep humidity levels in check. Invest in a dehumidifier or air purifying machine to keep moisture levels in check throughout the home. This not only helps combat centipedes but many other home-invading pests.
3. Seal Indoor Cracks and Crevices – As most homeowners in Boxford know, cracks and crevices can provide a comfortable home for many pests. It is important to make sure these areas are sealed up adequately to prevent centipedes from entering the home.
4. Remove Clutter – Clutter and other debris around the home create ideal hiding spots and breeding grounds for centipedes. This is why it is important to remove any items that are not commonly used throughout the home.
5. Clean Entries and Exits – Centipedes may be able to slip through even the tightest of spaces. Make sure all points of entry and exit are clean and free of debris. This includes the door frame and any nearby windows.
6. Utilize Sticky Traps – Sticky traps are an effective tool for trapping and eliminating centipedes. Place traps near areas where centipedes are likely to enter.
7. Use an Insecticidal Spray – An insecticidal spray can help get quick results. When using an insecticide, it is important to follow all manufacturer’s instructions for proper application.
8. Utilize Beneficial Predators – Certain predators and beneficial insects can help keep centipedes away. These include toads, lizards, centipede flightless wasps, and a wide variety of spiders.
9. Employ DIY Traps – Creating simple homemade traps like the ones outlined here can be highly effective for capturing and eliminating centipedes from the home.
10. Call a Professional – For many homeowners, the best and most reliable option for getting rid of house centipedes in Boxford is to enlist the help of a professional exterminator. F&W Pest Control Services offers expert pest control and integrated pest management (IPM) solutions so that you can be certain that your home is free of house centipedes.
House centipedes may be a nuisance, but they don’t have to be a permanent fixture in your home. Utilizing some of these tips can help significantly reduce the likelihood of a centipede infestation. Call F&W Pest Control Services for a free quote and rest assured knowing that your home is protected from pest invasions. F&W’s integrated pest management approach (IPM) provides the professional quality you need with the environmentally responsible quality of a DIY approach. Trust the expert exterminators at F&W to get rid of your mosquitoes this season. Get a free quote to start debugging your space today.