Top 10 Ways To Keep Pests Away In Needham, MA
Welcome to F&W pest control. We offer a broad spectrum of MA pest control including general pest control services, wildlife removal and termite control. Our full array of services includes residential pest control services, commercial pest control and industrial pest control services. We also offer live trapping, complete bird control services, and other effective nuisance wildlife solutions. We practice Integrated Pest Management (IPM) techniques to achieve optimal pest control in MA with minimal use of pesticides. We are here to help you rid your property of nuisance pests and give you back the peace of mind you deserve. Our services are tailored to your specific pest control needs whether you are looking for a one time service or year round protection. If you are a homeowner in Needham, MA, there are a variety of methods you can use to keep rats away and have a pest-free home. Here is a list of the Top 10 strategies to help you protect Needham homes from rats and other rodents.
1. Seal Your Home: Rats are looking for warm, dry, and inviting spots to stay and get food. A rat’s size allows them to fit almost anywhere, meaning they can enter the home through tiny cracks and gaps. Check the exterior of your home for any openings in the foundation that may provide entry, and use caulking to fill any and all cracks or crevices.
2. Inspect Your Home: Make sure to check both the interior and exterior of your home for any signs of a rat infestation such as droppings, holes in walls, and gnaw marks. Look around for places where the rats could be entering the home such as behind appliances, under countertops, and near entrances to the home such as doors and windows.
3. Keep Your Yard Clean: Rats can also enter your home through the yard. Make sure to mow the lawn regularly and remove any debris that may provide shelter for rats. Keep any trash or pet food containers closed tightly.
4. Store Your Food Securely: Keep your food in sealed containers to prevent access by rats. If you compost, make sure to cover any trash or food waste to keep it away from rats.
5. Remove Water Sources: Rats and other rodents are attracted to water. Be sure to fix any leaks or drips in your home, unclog gutters and downspouts, and fix any clogged sinks or drains that can be providing water for rats.
6. Remove Shelters: Rats will use any kind of shelter to hide and nest. Remove any piles of wood or junk near your home to make it less inviting for rats.
7. Trim Bushes and Trees: Keeping your landscape trimmed will make your yard less hospitable for rats. Make sure to cut down any trees or shrubs that are close to your home and to trim back tree limbs that can be providing access points for the rats.
8. Remove Food Sources: Rats are mostly looking for a steady supply of food. Make sure to remove all pet food left outside, bird feeders, and fallen fruit or nuts from trees. Also, avoid leaving any food out on your kitchen countertops or in open containers.
9. Use Traps and Baits: If you spot any signs of a rat infestation, the best strategy is to set traps and baits to get rid of them. Make sure to place the traps around the perimeter of your home and near places where they could be entering.
10. Inspect Any Deliveries: If you receive any deliveries such as packages or boxes, make sure to inspect them thoroughly for any rats or other pests before bringing them into your home.
Following these tips and strategies will help keep your home as rat-free as possible. But if you find yourself in an emergency situation, it is best to contact a professional pest control service who is well equipped to address the problem and get rid of the rats in your home.
One of our pest management professionals will assess the extent of the issue and determine whether or not you need pest control services to get rid of troublesome pests. We have offices in Wrentham, MA, Framingham, MA, Peabody, MA, and Kingston, MA, but serve all of eastern Massachusetts. If we confirm that there are issues, we will recommend the treatments that will be most effective for your property.
Living in Needham, MA can provide great views and streets that you can take walks down, but unfortunately, it can also bring rats into your home if you take unnecessary and preventative measures. Controlling a rat infestation is best done before it even happens, which is why understanding what draws them in is important. Rats are drawn to warm and inviting places to nest, so by taking the ten measures listed above, you are guaranteed to be taking the proactive approach to keeping rats out of your Needham, MA property.
Start by sealing the outside of your home, because if a rat can’t get in, they won’t try. Inspect your home, both inside and out, for any signs of a rat infestation. Keep your yard clean and store food securely. Remove any water sources that rats could be attracted to, like clogged gutters and drips. Cut down any branches of trees or trim bushes close to your home that could be providing a pathway for rats. Lastly, remove any food sources and use traps and baits if you spot any signs of a rat infestation. Plus, inspect any incoming deliveries for rats or other pests. Taking these precautions is essential to keeping rats out of your Needham, MA property.
If, however, you do end up finding yourself with a rat infestation, the best course of action is to contact a pest control professional. These professionals are well versed in the removal and prevention of pests, and can help get the problem taken care of quickly and efficiently. If you live in Eastern Massachusetts, we offer a wide range of pest control services that are tailored to your specific needs. Whether you are looking for a one time service or year round protection, our team is here to help keep your home rat free for years to come.
With a proactive approach to pest prevention, you can keep your Needham, MA property free of rats and other pests. Start by sealing your home, and using the other nine measures listed above to eliminate any possible routes of entry into your home. If the situation calls for it, contact a pest control professional who can help get your problem solved quickly and efficiently. With the right approach to pest prevention, you can keep your home rat free.